Careers in the Long Term Care Pharmacy Services Industry
Phillips Total Care Pharmacy is committed to providing the most cost effective, organized and efficient drug distribution systems to our healthcare partners. We continue to evolve and be a leader in the long term care pharmacy industry in regards to the implementation of new technology which has allowed us streamline our processes, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase the safety of our product for the residence we service. We offer many different careers in the industry, please see below for our openings.
Night Delivery Driver
$12 per hour
Under direction of the Driver Department Manager, this person will:
- Loads medication cassettes, totes, contingency boxes, and supplies into vehicle for nursing home and other residential care facilities delivery when scheduled. Closes all vehicle doors and locks vehicle while unattended.
- Safely drives delivery vehicle on designated route, to deliver medications, IV’s and supplies to nursing homes and other residential care facilities in a timely manner.
- Works with facilities to solve a variety of problems, thereby acting as a company field representative.
- Completes delivery and pickup paperwork promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrates promptness, courtesy, sincerity, and patience when dealing with customers. Reports any concerns to appropriate pharmacy staff or Driver Manager.
- Picks up rental equipment and pre-cleans and disinfects equipment on location before placing in delivery vehicle and returning to warehouse. If this is not possible, item must be placed in bag and labeled with “Dirty” sticker.
- Maintains a neat, clean personal appearance, and wears ID badge when doing deliveries.
- Promotes teamwork among co-workers which includes assisting fellow drivers, as needed.
- Markets the company in a positive and professional manner at ALL times.
- Drives company vehicles in a safe and professional manner following all DOT regulations.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time-possibly up to 5 hours if necessary.
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs, and be in good physical condition
- Must be able to tolerate periods of extreme cold or heat weather conditions.
- Must be able to safely perform nighttime driving.
- Must be able to climb stairs carrying items repeatedly.
Must have good organizational skills, willingness to function as a cooperative team member with a responsible and cooperative attitude and be neat and clean in personal appearance.
Must have excellent driving record and possess a valid driver's license for at least 3 years.
Must be able to maintain delivery logs, mileage logs, and safety inspection checklist.
Must be dependable worker-able to carry out a series of work instructions independently.
Prepare medications under the direction of pharmacist and assist with day-to-day activities in the pharmacy
Educational Experience Required: Pharmacy Certification with a minimum of 1500 tech hours is desired but not required to start
Other Requirements: Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, trustworthy and reliable.
Monday – Friday, alternating shifts; 9AM to 5:30PM or 10:30AM to 7PM
Pay will be determined based on experience
Long Term Care Staff Pharmacist
- Maintain a calm, composed demeanor while fostering a team approach and positive work
- Provide outstanding care and pharmaceutical services for ALL customers we serve in long
term care, assisted living and treatment centers
- Maintain proficiency of all software utilized in the pharmacy
- Verify, expedite and oversee all aspects involved in the dispensing of medications
- Oversee and insure proper medication packaging as required for resident environment via
various unit dose packaging
- Compounding and overseeing the compounding of topical and intravenous products as
ordered and per USP 795 and 797 guidelines
- Collaborate with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed
- Facilitate problem resolution with employees and facilities
- Responding to questions or requests by caregivers and pharmacy team members in a
professional manner with accuracy and detail
- Problem research and resolution
- Special projects as deemed necessary
Schedule: 8 to 10 hour shifts, Day - Evening shifts, Holiday rotation, Monday to Friday with weekend rotation, On call rotation
License: Wisconsin State Board Licensed Pharmacist (Required)
Benefits: 401 (k), 401 (k) Employer Matching, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Aflac, Paid Time Off, Fitness Incentive
Annual salary based on experience