Careers in the Long Term Care Pharmacy Services Industry
Phillips Total Care Pharmacy is committed to providing the most cost effective, organized and efficient drug distribution systems to our healthcare partners. We continue to evolve and be a leader in the long term care pharmacy industry in regards to the implementation of new technology which has allowed us streamline our processes, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase the safety of our product for the residence we service. We offer many different careers in the industry, please see below for our openings.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Location: Altoona, WI
- Prepare medication and other healthcare products for patients
- Measure dosage of medications, according to prescription orders
- Process prescriptions using computer software
- Label and record dosage information
- Monitor storage and inventory of medications and supplies
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- At least 1500 hours of previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: Pharmacy Technician Certification
Night-time Delivery Driver
Location: Mauston, WI
- Load and unload equipment and related supplies into a delivery vehicle and load medication cassettes, totes, contingency boxes into vehicle for home care and nursing home delivery.
- Safely drives delivery vehicle on designated route, to deliver durable medical equipment, IV’s, supplies and medicine to nursing home patients/clients in a timely manner.
- Works with patients/clients to solve a variety of problems, thereby acting as a company field representative.
- Completes delivery and pickup paperwork promptly and accurately, obtaining required signatures on all deliveries.
Reports any concerns to appropriate pharmacy staff or supervisor.
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
- Must have excellent driving record and be at least 21 years of age.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience/Knowledge: Must have good organizational skills, willingness to function as a cooperative team member with a responsible and cooperative attitude and be neat and clean in personal appearance.
Hours and days for this position varies, but is mainly late night driving. Must be available some weekends and holidays.
Locations: Mauston, WI
You will assist in the preparation of medications under the direction of a pharmacist. Pharmacy Tech experience is preferred, but not required. We will train the right candidates. Starting wage is based on certification and/or experience.
•Prepare medication and other healthcare products for patients
•Measure dosage of medications, according to prescription orders
•Process prescriptions using computer software
•Label and record dosage information
•Monitor storage and inventory of medications and supplies
•Maintain Patient Confidentiality (HIPAA)
•High School Diploma or equivalent
•Strong attention to detail
•Strong organizational skills
•Must be able to lift up to 30lbs
•Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time
•Must have the ability to perform repetitious activity
Shifts vary. Some Saturdays are required.
Insurance Billing Specialist
Location: Mauston, WI
•Assist with preparing insurance claims, processing monthly statements and reconciling payments.
•Provide customer service to patients and business associates over the phone and in person regarding insurance claims and statements.
•Answer mail or telephone inquiries regarding Patient Accounts.
•Consult sources such as, online manuals, or insurance company representatives to determine specific charges or information such as rules, regulations, or formularies.
•Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
•Keep records of invoices and support documents
•Operate typing, adding, calculating or billing machines
•Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records.
•Prepare itemized statements, bills or invoices
•Resolve discrepancies in Patient Accounts
•Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
•Must have general computer skills,
•Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
•Must have excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
•Must have strong attention to detail.
•Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At least one year of business office experience is desired.
Hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 9:30 am to 6 pm.